Skilled San Antonio Car Accident Lawyer Near You to Fight Your Rights
Table of Contents:
- San Antonio, TX Car Accident Attorney
- The Smart Way to Fight Your Case: Partner with a Winning Law Firm
- What to Do After an Auto Collision in Texas
- Best Representation For Car Accidents
- How Can a San Antonio Car Accident Attorney Help Me?
- How Much Is My Car Crash Injury Claim Worth?
- Statute of Limitation for Motor Vehicle Accident Lawsuits in Texas
- How to Prove Fault in a Car Wreck Claim
- Most Common Causes of Traffic Collisions in San Antonio
- Most Common Auto Collision Injuries in San Antonio
- Common Types of Accidents on Road
- Get an Expert Legal Advice by a Car Accident Lawyer in San Antonio, TX
The Smart Way to Fight Your Case: Partner with a Winning Law Firm
Your life can change in an instant after a serious car collision. Motor Vehicle Collisions are a leading cause of injuries. In addition to the physical toll, they can also impose a serious emotional trauma and financial toll on victims and their families. The Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover is here to help you fight for the damages, compensation, and justice you deserve.
With more than 30 years of legal experience, Troy has the knowledge and experience to capably handle every aspect of your car crash lawsuit. Troy has also worked to defend insurance companies, so he knows how to deal with insurance adjusters and companies. Troy is among the less than 7 percent of attorneys in the state who are Board Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Contact Troy today to speak with an experienced San Antonio car accident attorney. Our law firm provides free consultations so that car accident victims can discuss their legal options.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Texas
This can be shocking and can leave you disoriented and unsure of what to do. Here are some steps to follow:
- Contact the police and call 911. It’s important to immediately inform law enforcement if anyone is injured or shows signs of intoxication.
- It’s important to be cautious about giving statements to anyone after an accident, especially the other driver’s insurance agent. Avoid providing any written or recorded statements without first consulting with a knowledgeable attorney.
- In the aftermath of an accident, it’s crucial to gather information from all involved parties, including drivers, passengers, pedestrians, and witnesses. Get their full names, phone numbers, addresses, driver’s license numbers, insurance status, vehicle make and model, and license plate numbers to accurately document the incident.
- It’s important to document as much information as possible after an accident. Record the date and time of the collision, note any signs of driving while intoxicated, describe how the accident occurred, detail the directions of the vehicles, and document the names and badge numbers of responding police officers. Additionally, take note of any damage to the vehicles involved.
- Capture evidence of the accident by taking photos of any damage to the cars, as well as street signs, skid marks, and weather conditions. This visual documentation can be crucial in insurance claims and legal proceedings.
- To help visualize the accident, create a diagram showing the directions the vehicles were traveling and where the impact or impacts occurred.
- If you observed any issues with the vehicles before the accident, such as bald tires or a broken headlight, make sure to take note of these details for future reference.
- Even if you don’t feel any immediate pain or discomfort, it’s important to visit a doctor after an accident. Some injuries may not be apparent until later, and seeking medical attention can help protect your health and legal rights.
- If someone admits fault for the accident, make sure to document this information. This admission can be important evidence
- After an accident, it’s important to obtain a copy of the police report as soon as possible. Make sure to review it carefully for accuracy and completeness.
How Can a San Antonio Auto Accident Attorney Help Me?
Our top-notch San Antonio car accident attorneys can handle your claim while you focus on your recovery. Our expert lawyers can:
- Launch an in-depth investigation to determine its cause and who was responsible for the auto wreck
- Preserve evidence in your claim
- Explain what to do after an accident to protect your claim, such as refusing to give a recorded statement to the insurance company or referring the insurance company to your lawyer
- Preserve the integrity of your driving record
- Review all applicable insurance policies to determine all potential compensation that may be available to you
- Ensure you receive the medical treatment you need following the car wreck
- Calculate the full extent of your damages, including expenses you may incur in the future
- Negotiate aggressively for the total car accident compensation you deserve
- Determine if you should file a car accident lawsuit if the insurance company fails to provide an acceptable settlement offer
- Answer any questions that come up during the claim process
If you were hurt in a traffic collision like a car crash and would like to explore your legal options, contact our car wreck lawyers and we can review your case for free.
How Much Is My Auto Accident Injury Claim Worth?
Every traffic collision is different. Therefore, every car wreck claim is also different. It’s impossible to say exactly how much any particular claim is worth. Many factors affect the potential value of your claim, such as:
- The severity of your injuries
- The cost and intrusiveness of the medical treatment you receive
- The insurance coverage available
- The other driver’s degree of liability
- Whether you were partially negligent in causing the car crash
Additionally, the damages you incur also heavily influence the potential value of your auto accident claim. You may be entitled to compensation for losses you experienced, such as:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Mental anguish
- Costs to repair or replace your vehicle
- Permanent disability
- Future medical costs
The best way to determine the potential value of your claim is to contact an experienced San Antonio auto accident attorney.
Statute of Limitation for Motor Vehicle Accident Lawsuits in Texas
Generally, you have two years from the date of the motor vehicle accident to file your claim. At first glance, this may seem like a long time. However, your lawyer will need ample time to investigate your claim, determine who is responsible for it, and negotiate a settlement on your behalf.
Your lawyer will want to work quickly to preserve all relevant evidence in your case before it’s lost or destroyed. Additionally, your car crash attorney must collect evidence to support your claim and substantiate your losses for you to have any chance at financial recovery. By contacting a car traffic collision lawyer as early in the process as possible, they can ensure that your legal right to recovery is protected.
How to Prove Fault in a Car Wreck Claim
Texas is an at-fault insurance state, meaning that the at-fault driver’s liability insurance policy is responsible for paying for the damages their driver caused to others. Before you can recover any compensation for the car crash, you will have to prove the other driver negligently caused it.
An experienced San Antonio car wreck lawyer knows how to obtain convincing evidence to support your claim, such as:
- Accident reports
- Eyewitness testimony
- Photos and videos of the accident
- Physical damage to the vehicles and nearby property
- Skid marks, tire treads, and other physical signs of the car wreck
- Testimony from accident reconstruction experts
- Body camera footage
- Dash camera footage
Most Common Causes of Moto Vehicle Accidents in San Antonio
Some of the common causes of car accidents in Texas include:
- Aggressive driving
- Distracted driving
- Drowsy driving
- Driving under the Influence
- Failure to yield
- Following too closely
- Driving skills
- Making unsafe lane changes
- Reckless driving
- Speed limits or speeding
- Wrong-way driving
- Vehicle design
Our San Antonio car accident attorneys can conduct a thorough investigation to determine the cause of the traffic collision and who is responsible for it.
Most Common Auto Collision Injuries in San Antonio
The most common injuries in motor vehicle collisions are:
- Arm injuries
- Back and neck injuries
- Burns, scarring, and disfigurement
- Head and traumatic brain injuries
- Internal bleeding and internal organ damage
- Knee injuries
- Shoulder injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken Bones and Fracture Injury
Common Types of Auto Accident Cases We Handle
Our firm’s San Antonio auto accident lawyer has more than 30 years of experience handling all kinds of motor vehicle claims. Some of the common types of auto collision cases Troy oversees involve:
- Rear-end Collision
- Head-on Collision
- Side Collisions
- Road Departure
Get an Expert Legal Advice by a Car Accident Attorney in San Antonio, TX
If you were injured in a car collision in San Antonio, TX please contact the Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover for help. Our law firm provides a free consultation so you can learn about your legal rights and how he can help with your auto accident lawsuit claim.