Tailgating Car Accident Lawyer in San Antonio, TX
Following too closely is a dangerous driving behavior that can lead to severe accidents and injuries. If a tailgating driver caused you to suffer injuries in a car accident, you have a right to pursue compensation for your losses, such as your medical bills, vehicle repairs, lost income, and more.
An experienced San Antonio tailgating accident lawyer can help protect your rights and seek the financial relief you need for your medical bills and other accident expenses. At the Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover, we help people who have been harmed by the negligence of others. Every case has unique factors that affect the case value and outcome. We have obtained many six- and seven-figure awards for our clients in 30 years in practice and will devote the resources your case deserves. Contact our tailgating car accident lawyers today for a free legal case review.
What To Do After a San Antonio Tailgating Car Accident?
After a tailgating car accident, you can take the following steps to protect your rights:
- Stop and stay at the scene –Texas law requires a driver involved in an accident resulting in death or injury to stop, assist those in need of aid, exchange information with the other drivers, and remain at the scene until police arrive.
- Call 911 and report the accident –Make sure to tell the 911 operator that it was a tailgating car accident and request an ambulance for anyone who needs emergency medical care.
- Collect evidence – Take pictures or videos of the scene, including the vehicles involved, skid marks, road conditions, and anything that might help prove who was at fault.
- Get information from eyewitnesses –Get the name and contact information of anyone who saw the crash happen.
- Seek medical attention if needed –Even if you don’t feel hurt, it’s still important to get checked out by a doctor to have any injuries diagnosed. A trained medical professional may recognize symptoms of a concussion or internal injuries that are not yet apparent.
- Contact a San Antonio tailgating car accident lawyer –Having experienced legal representation on your side can help you protect your interests and pursue the compensation you deserve.
Why Choose the Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover For Your Tailgating Accident?
At the Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover, our experienced San Antonio car accident lawyers help crash victims and their families pursue the financial relief they need during a challenging time. We understand the complexities of Texas traffic laws. We have the resources to build a solid case and seek the best outcome possible for you. With more than 30 years of experience in personal injury law, Troy Brookover knows how to advocate for accident victims and help them demand financial accountability from those who harmed them.
What Should You Do If Another Driver Tailgates Your Vehicle?
Take the necessary safety precautions if another driver is tailgating your vehicle. You should travel in the right lane to allow the tailgating driver to pass. If the driver continues to follow too closely, it may be necessary to pull off to the side of the road and wait for them to pass.
Understanding Tailgating Law in Texas
Texas law requires motorists to maintain a safe distance from other vehicles so that drivers have sufficient space to stop without causing collisions. Therefore, the driver whose failure to keep a safe distance is typically found to be at fault for a crash.
In Texas, the driver who causes an accident is financially responsible for compensating anyone they injure as a result. In other words, if you are hurt by a driver who was tailgating you, you may file a claim against the driver’s auto insurance provider and seek compensation for your losses. If the insurer refuses to agree to a reasonable settlement, you may need to file a lawsuit to hold them accountable.
The Most Common Injuries in A Tailgating Accident
Tailgating can cause serious car accidents resulting in a variety of injuries.
Some of the most common injuries that occur due to tailgating are:
- Injuries to cervical vertebrae
- Bone fractures
- Soft tissue injuries
- Concussions and other traumatic brain injuries
- Internal injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
The Most Common Causes of Accidents Caused by Tailgating or Following Too Closely
Following too closely is one of the most common causes of car accidents nationwide. The reasons that drivers follow too closely include the following:
- Distracted Driving – When a driver is distracted, the driver is more likely to fail to recognize changes in traffic conditions and brake promptly if the car in front stops suddenly. When a motorist is tailgating, there is even less room to react. Following too closely, coupled with driver distraction, can cause a rear-end collision. Common distractions include texting, looking at a cell phone, eating, drinking, and adjusting the radio.
- Speeding– Driving over the speed limit can increase the chances of a tailgating accident because the driver does not have time to stop. The faster a car is going, the more room it will need to come to a stop.
- Poor weather conditions – Driving in poor weather conditions can reduce visibility and make it difficult to judge the distance between cars. Cars need more room to stop on wet or slick roads.
- Road rage – Following too closely out of anger or impatience can lead to an accident.
- Drunk driving– Alcohol impairs a person’s ability to judge the distance between two cars and dulls their reflexes, preventing them from reacting in time to avoid an accident.
How Our Attorneys Can Help You Pursue a San Antonio Tailgating Car Accident Claim
At the Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover, we understand the anxiety you’re feeling and the pressure you’re under after a tailgating accident. Our firm has extensive experience representing injured clients in San Antonio. Every case stands on its own facts. But our record includes recovering many six and seven-figure results for clients. We will seek evidence to prove that the other driver is financially liable for your injuries and demand full compensation for you. Our legal team provides compassionate support to clients, helping them understand their rights and legal options.
Schedule A Free Case Review with Our Experienced San Antonio Car Accident Attorneys
If you were hurt in a tailgating accident, the Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover can help you seek the compensation you need from the driver at fault for your injuries. You should not be left to pay the costs of another person’s aggressive, reckless, or careless driving. Contact us today for a free case review with an experienced car accident lawyer in San Antonio.