Intersection Accident Lawyer in San Antonio, TX
If someone slammed into you in an intersection in San Antonio, the at-fault driver may have left you with painful injuries, expensive medical bills, and lost income from missed work. Dealing with the aftermath of a serious accident can be difficult on your own. An experienced personal injury lawyer can help you seek the best path forward.
At the Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover, we are committed to helping injured people seek the full compensation they need for intersection accidents that weren’t their fault. During his 30 years in practice, attorney Troy Brookover has secured compensation for thousands of people, including many six- and seven-figure settlements and awards. We want to take the pressure off you so you can focus on your recovery. We will do so at no upfront cost to you.
Ready to speak with a San Antonio intersection accident lawyer about your case? Contact the Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover today to get started.
What To Do Right After a Car Accident at an Intersection?
Your actions after an intersection accident can substantially affect a personal injury case and how much money you recover. Here is how to protect your rights:
- Call 911– If anyone involved in the intersection crash was seriously injured, you should immediately alert the authorities. You want to summon the police to the scene so they can investigate the accident and file a report. A police accident report can help support your claim for compensation.
- Document the accident scene– Use your phone to take pictures of the crash. You will want visual evidence if you need to file a personal injury claim. Be sure to photograph all the damage to any vehicle involved in the accident, any injuries you sustained, and any visible hazards on the road.
- Exchange information with the other driver– After you call 911, ask the other driver for their name, address, driver’s license number, car registration, and insurance information.
- Look for eyewitnesses or security cameras– Testimony from a third party can make a significant difference in a personal injury claim. If you notice anyone nearby who may have seen the accident, ask them for their name and contact information. Look around for any traffic or surveillance cameras that may have captured the crash.
- Seek medical attention immediately– Seek prompt medical care if you are not taken to the hospital emergency room by ambulance. You might have internal injuries that are not yet apparent but require emergency treatment. Waiting to see a doctor could allow your injuries to worsen and hurt your chances of recovering compensation.
- Save all your medical records and receipts– Medical records and receipts are crucial evidence in intersection accident cases. They prove your physical injuries and what the crash cost you financially. Saving these documents gives you a stronger chance of recovering compensation for your injuries.
- Do not give any statements to insurance companies– You should report the accident to your insurance provider, as your policy requires you to do. Keep your description of the accident brief. Be careful about what you say if the other driver’s insurance company contacts you. Your words could accidentally harm your personal injury claim. You are under no obligation to allow the other’s driver’s insurance company to have access to your medical file. Let a car accident lawyer deal with the insurance companies on your behalf.
- Hire an attorney– Recovering full compensation after an intersection accident is a complex process. Hiring a lawyer as soon as possible means you have someone to do all that work for you, leaving you to focus on your medical treatment and health.
Why Choose the Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover for Your Intersection Car Accident?
Many people think all car accident lawyers are the same, but that’s not true. Some personal injury firms want to settle cases as quickly as possible, collect their fee, and move on. Your choice of personal injury attorney can make a huge difference in your case. Here are a few reasons to choose the Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover:
- Decades of experience– Attorney Troy Brookover has been licensed for over 30 years and has helped thousands of people seek full compensation for serious injuries. That extensive experience, both in and out of the courtroom, means we know how to build strong cases and demand maximum compensation for your injuries.
- A proven track record– Past results are not predictive of the outcome of future cases. But we are proud of the compensation we have won for our clients. We have secured six- and seven-figure awards in many cases. The results do show our experience handling personal injury cases. We will work hard for the recovery you deserve.
- Personal injury cases are all we do– Some law firms like to brag that they can provide any legal service you need. But experience in a specific area of law is a good attribute for a personal injury lawyer. Our firm’s focus on personal injury cases means we know what it takes to win.
- Less stress for you– You should not have to worry about a major legal battle while you recover from an intersection accident. Hiring our law firm means you have someone to take care of the legal work while you heal from your injuries.
- Greater chance of winning your case– Having the guidance of an experienced attorney for a personal injury case offers you the best chance of a positive outcome. Without legal representation, you can’t take advantage of a lawyer’s knowledge and experience. It will be harder to assess whether a car accident settlement offer is fair without an attorney’s perspective. If you have an attorney who is ready to go to court on your behalf if necessary, an insurance company is more likely to make its best settlement offer to try to avoid litigation.
How Much Compensation Can You Get for an Intersection Car Accident Claim?
The amount you can seek after an intersection accident depends on many factors, including the strength of the evidence, the severity of your injuries, and the other driver’s auto insurance policy. A car accident attorney can help you demand compensation for the following types of expenses and losses:
- Your medical expenses related to the accident
- Your lost wages while you heal from your injuries
- Any reduction in your future earnings due to an accident-related injury
- Your physical pain and suffering
- Your psychological or emotional distress
- Your diminished quality of life due to an accident-related injury or disability
- Your damaged personal property
Intersection Accidents: Understanding the Injuries and Damages
Intersection accidents often involve side impacts and t-bone collisions that leave occupants without the protection of crumple zones. Consequently, these accidents can cause serious injuries like:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Whiplash or other neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Back injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Injuries to internal organs
- Severed, crushed, or amputated limbs
- Broken bones
- Severe bones
- Sprains, strains, or other soft-tissue injuries
- Lacerations and puncture wounds
- Emotional distress
Most Dangerous Intersections in San Antonio: Stay Safe
The Texas Department of Transportation reports that 38,461 crashes occurred within San Antonio city limits in a recent year. Many of these were intersection accidents. A serious accident can occur at any intersection. According to the San Antonio Express, the most dangerous intersections in San Antonio and Bexar County in a recent year include:
- Braun Road at Loop 1604
- Bandera Road at Loop 1604
- Interstate 10 at Loop 1604
- Ingram Road at Loop 410
- Loop 1604 at San Pedro Avenue
- Loop 410 at Rigsby Avenue
- Culebra Road at Loop 410
- Loop 410 at Marbach Road
- Loop 410 at West Avenue
- Culebra Road at Loop 1604
- De Zavala Road at Interstate 10
- Culebra Road at Potranco Road
TxDOT reports that there were at least 113,546 crashes in one recent year involving intersection-related factors. These factors include the following:
- Disregarding traffic lights
- Disregarding stop signs
- Disregarding turn marks at an intersection
- Failing to yield at open intersections
- Failing to yield at stop signs
- Failing to yield before turning right on red
- Failing to yield when turning left
- Failing to yield at yield signs
Altogether, these errors accounted for more than 20 percent of the 552,224 crashes reported statewide that year.
Most Common Causes of Intersection Accidents in San Antonio
Some of the most common causes of San Antonio intersection accidents include:
- Drunk driving
- Distracted driving
- Drowsy driving
- Drivers following too closely
- Road rage
- Drivers not yielding the right-of-way when they should
- Mechanical defects
- Poor road conditions due to weather or other factors
Most Common Types of Intersection Accidents in San Antonio
Some of the most common types of intersection accidents in San Antonio are:
- Head-on collisions
- Rear-end collisions
- T-bone accidents
- Angle accidents
- Left-turn accidents
- Right-turn accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents