San Antonio Head-On Collision Lawyer
A head-on collision in San Antonio can leave you with painful injuries, expensive medical bills, and lost income. If someone else caused the head-on crash that left you with injuries, they should be responsible for the losses you suffered. An experienced head-on collision injury attorney can help you demand full compensation.
At the Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover, we want to help you hold the driver who hurt you and the driver’s insurance company financially accountable. San Antonio personal injury attorney Troy A. Brookover has an impressive record of results achieved on behalf of people harmed through the negligence of others. He wants to put his legal experience to work helping you rebuild your life after a head-on collision. Contact our law firm today for your free initial case review to discuss your options.
What To Do Right After A Head-On Collision Car Accident?
If you get hurt in a San Antonio head-on collision, the steps you take immediately after the wreck can significantly affect your legal rights. You can protect your interests and establish a strong foundation for an injury claim after a head-on collision by:
- Seeking prompt medical care to have your injuries diagnosed, treated, and documented
- Following your doctor’s care plan to support your body’s natural healing abilities
- Gathering evidence from the crash, including photos of the wreckage, contact and insurance details from the other driver, and statements from eyewitnesses
- Keeping medical bills, income statements, and other crash documentation
- Being careful what you say to the insurance company and any other third parties before you speak with an attorney
- Refraining from posting any comments or posting photos of the accident while an injury claim is pending
- Contacting a knowledgeable head-on car accident lawyer for legal guidance
Why Choose Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover For Your Head-On Collision?
A head-on crash can change your life forever. In the aftermath of a head-on collision, you might face a stack of medical bills and feel overwhelmed. You might need to be out of work for a significant period of time and experience a loss of income. The pain and suffering you endure may seriously impair your quality of life.
At times like these, choosing the right lawyer to guide you through the recovery process is essential. At the Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover, we understand the stakes are high in a head-on collision injury claim. We work hard to uphold the trust that our clients place in us. Our team is prepared to use our considerable resources and experience to help you seek justice.
You can count on us to advocate aggressively on your behalf. We will go above and beyond, handling every aspect of your case so you can focus on your health and recovery.
How Much You Can Get for a Head-On Collision Claim
Any compensation you receive for a head-on collision claim is intended to provide the resources you need to recover physically and financially. Depending on the circumstances, you may be entitled to demand compensation for the following types of collision-related losses:
- Hospital bills and medical expenses for the treatment of your injuries
- Reduced income from any time you miss work due to your crash injuries
- Projected losses in your future earning potential, if you suffer permanent disabilities
- Incidental expenses, such as out-of-pocket travel costs for medical appointments
- Subjective losses, such as crash-related pain, suffering, and lost quality of life
How Is Liability Determined in a Head-On Collision?
In most head-on collision cases, the driver or other party who violated the right-of-way is liable for the wreck. When insurance adjusters, law enforcement officers, attorneys, and other investigators determine fault for a head-on collision, they look at evidence including:
- Police accident reports
- Photos of the crash scene, vehicle damage, and visible bodily injuries
- Video footage from traffic cameras, dash cams, and other recording devices
- Statements from eyewitnesses who saw the head-on collision
- Testimony from experts like physicians and accident reconstruction specialists
Most Common Causes of Head-On Collisions in Texas
A head-on collision can occur whenever a motorist fails to yield the right of way to oncoming vehicles. Some of the top contributing factors to head-on car accidents in San Antonio include:
- Distracted driving – Drivers who get distracted by text messages, phone calls, or other distractions are more likely to cause head-on collisions.
- Impaired driving – Driver impairment due to intoxication or fatigue contributes to many head-on collisions. Impaired drivers often have difficulty with depth perception, judgment, and reacting quickly to prevent a crash.
- Reckless driving – Drivers who are careless or aggressive behind the wheel commonly cause head-on collisions when they run red lights, pass other vehicles in no-passing zones or disregard traffic signs and signals.
- Driving errors – Drivers who are inexperienced, elderly, or impaired are more likely to commit driving errors that contribute to head-on collisions, such as driving the wrong way down a one-way street.
- Defective car parts – If car components such as brakes or steering systems fail due to design defects, the manufacturer of the defective component may be financially liable for injuries caused by a head-on collision.
Most Common Injuries from Head-On Collisions in Texas
Head-on collisions are among the most devastating traffic accidents and frequently cause catastrophic, life-changing injuries, such as:
- Head and neck injuries
- Facial injuries and dental trauma
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Back and shoulder injuries
- Spinal cord injuries (SCIs)
- Seatbelt and airbag injuries
- Abdominal and internal injuries
- Arm, elbow, wrist, and hand injuries
- Dislocated or broken bones
- Permanent scarring or disfigurement
- Loss of limb
- Bruises, lacerations, and puncture wounds
- Soft tissue strains, sprains, and tears
- Leg, knee, ankle, and foot injuries
- “Road rash” and other burn injuries
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Schedule a Free Case Review with Our Experienced San Antonio Car Accident Attorneys
Need to speak to an experienced car accident lawyer about your head-on collision in San Antonio? Contact the Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover. We can answer your questions and review your case free of charge when you contact us for a consultation. If we represent you, we will do so on a contingency fee basis. You will not owe us any legal fee unless we are successful in securing money for you.