Broken Bone and Fracture Injury Lawyer
Did you suffer broken bones and fracture injuries in a car accident? If so, you might be facing significant medical bills, months of rehabilitation, and long-term pain and impairment. You should not be responsible for the financial consequences of a car crash that was not your fault. Broken bones and fracture injury lawyer from the Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover can help you seek accountability and compensation from those responsible for the injuries you’ve suffered.
For over 30 years, our firm has worked tirelessly to secure maximum compensation for injury victims in San Antonio and throughout Texas. We have a proven record of success that includes many six- and seven-figure settlements and verdicts that have provided our clients with the financial relief they need for medical bills, lost income, and other losses. When you hire our firm, you can expect dedicated service from a compassionate legal team that listens to your concerns, offers honest advice, and provides the personal attention you deserve during this stressful time. And because we work on a contingency basis, you will never be charged unless we win compensation in your case.
What to Do if You Have a Broken Bone and Fracture Injury After a Car Accident?
You should do the following:
- Call 911 to summon emergency medical services and report the accident to law enforcement.
- Take photos and video of the accident scene to document essential details such as vehicle damage, traffic lights or signs, skid marks on the road, or lighting and weather conditions that may have contributed to the crash.
- Seek prompt medical attention for your injuries and follow your doctor’s treatment plan and instructions.
- Report the accident to your auto insurance provider.
- Keep copies of bills and receipts related to treating your injuries and request a copy of your medical records from your treatment provider.
- Request a copy of the police accident report.
- Start a journal to document your recovery from your injury and record the physical pain, emotional distress, and difficulties with work and daily activities that you experience.
Finally, contact a broken bone and fracture injury lawyer from the Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover to discuss the next steps to take in pursuing compensation for your injuries.
Why Choose the Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover for Your Broken Bone and Fracture Injury?
Car accident victims with injuries across Texas choose our firm to help them seek the financial relief and accountability they deserve because:
- Our legal team has more than 30 years of experience – Founding attorney Troy A. Brookover has been practicing law in Texas since 1992. In that time, he has won cases inside and outside the courtroom. Troy is board-certified as a Personal Injury Trial Lawyer by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, a distinction held by only a small percentage of attorneys in Texas. Troy also has experience representing insurance companies, which has given him an insider’s perspective into how insurers prepare defenses against injury claims. His experience allows him to give his clients an edge in pursuing maximum compensation from insurance companies.
- We have a record of success – Our firm has advocated on behalf of thousands of accident victims across Texas. We have obtained six- and seven-figure awards in many cases that provided our clients with the compensation they needed for medical bills, lost wages, and other losses.
- We handle a wide range of personal injury claims – Our attorneys have helped clients with cases involving various injuries from a wide range of accidents.
- We have the knowledge and resources necessary for the most complex cases – No matter how complicated the facts and circumstances of your accident claim are, our firm has the experience, resources, and skills to prepare a compelling, persuasive case on your behalf.
How Much Compensation Can You Get for a Broken Bone and Fracture Injury Claim?
This claim can allow you to pursue compensation for expenses and losses you incur due to your injury, including for the following:
- Medical and rehabilitation costs, including ambulance transport, emergency room care, surgeries and hospitalization, pain medications, doctor’s appointments, and physical or occupational therapy
- Costs of replacement services you may need due to permanent impairments caused by a fracture injury that prevents you from performing daily activities or household tasks
- Loss of wages and income from missed time from work
- Loss of future earning capacity and employment benefits if you cannot return to work due to permanent impairments from your injury
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Loss of quality of life due to permanent disabilities or visible scarring and disfigurement
How Is Liability Determined for Broken Bone and Fracture Injury Cases?
Various types of evidence may be used to prove who is responsible for the crash. This evidence may include the following:
- Police accident reports
- Vehicle computer logs
- Eyewitness statements
- Accident scene photos and videos
- Surveillance or traffic camera or dash cam footage of the accident
- Post-accident vehicle inspection and repair reports
- Driver cell phone records
- Medical records
- Expert accident reconstruction reports
Most Common Causes of Broken Bones and Fractures Injuries in Texas
Car accidents are a leading cause of broken bones and fractures injuries in Texas. Some of the most frequent reasons are:
- Failing to wear seat belts in a crash, which can lead vehicle occupants to be ejected from the car and suffer fractures when they smash through a car window or strike the ground
- Crushing impacts from the car body being crushed or deformed, such as passenger footwells being collapsed by the force of the impact
- Colliding with the passenger interior, such as crashing into the steering wheel, dashboard, or seatback
- Being struck by objects in the passenger cabin that become projectiles in a crash
- Twisting forces imparted on an occupant’s body
- Vehicle occupants instinctively extend their arms and hands out in a crash
Other common causes of broken bones and fractures in Texas include:
- Slips and falls
- Bicycle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Trucking accidents
- Animal attacks
Our experienced broken bones and fracture injury lawyer can investigate the circumstances surrounding your injury and explain whether you have a viable claim.
Most Common Types of Broken Bones and Fractures Injuries in Texas
Common types we handle include the following:
- Stable fractures – Both ends of the fracture line up, with the bone barely out of place.
- Transverse fractures – The fracture line runs in a straight line across the bone.
- Oblique fractures – The fracture line runs at a diagonal angle across the bone.
- Spiral fractures – Spiral fractures consist of a break that spirals around the bone, typically occurring in long bones in the arms and legs.
- Stress fractures – Also called a hairline fracture, stress fractures look like a crack in the bone.
- Compression fractures – Compression fractures most frequently occur in the vertebrae in which the bones become compressed.
- Impacted fractures – The broken ends of the bone are driven into one another by another force or blow.
- Segmental fractures – A bone is broken in two places, leaving a floating segment of the bone.
- Comminuted fractures – With this type of injury, a bone is broken in three or more pieces, usually leaving bone fragments at the injury site.
- Avulsion fractures – Avulsion fractures are a break in the bone that occurs when a piece of bone is pulled off by a connecting tendon or ligament.
- Compound fractures – A broken end of the bone pierces through the skin.
Get an Expert San Antonio Broken Bones and Fracture Injury Attorney Near You
If you suffered broken bones or a fracture injury in an accident that was not your fault, you could be entitled to compensation for your injuries and other losses. The Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover is here to help you seek the accountability and compensation you deserve. We have helped thousands of people like you get the financial relief they needed for their medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses. Let us put this experience and tenacity to work on your behalf. Call at 210-941-1515 or fill out our contact form today for a free case review with our experienced San Antonio broken bone lawyer.