Run-Off-Road Collision Lawyer in San Antonio, TX
Every year, drivers who are aggressive or simply careless run other motorists off the road, causing serious accidents and injuries. A driver who gets run off the road may suffer serious injuries and have thousands of dollars in treatment costs and car repair bills.
If you suffered injuries when another driver ran you off the road in San Antonio, attorney Troy A. Brookver and his team are ready to help. Troy Brookover has more than 30 years of legal experience and is proud to have secured many six- and seven-figure awards for injured Texans who turned to him for help. He is one of a select group of attorneys to be Board-certified in Personal Injury Law by the Texas Board of Specialization. His prior experience in insurance defense gives him an inside perspective on how insurance companies approach claims – and how to use that to his client’s advantage.
If you have been injured in an accident caused by another motorist in San Antonio, we’re ready to handle your case. We don’t charge any fees unless we recover compensation for your injuries. Call us today or visit our contact page for a free case review with a run-off-road collision lawyer in San Antonio, TX.
What To Do After a Run-Off-Road Collision in Texas?
Here are the essential steps to take after a driver runs you off the road in San Antonio:
- Call 911– You should report a run-off-the-road accident to the authorities as soon as possible. Doing so will summon emergency medical assistance to treat any injuries you or your passengers suffered. Second, it will help you prove what happened if you later need to file a claim. Once the police arrive at the scene, they will conduct an investigation and create an accident report that can be useful if you file a personal injury claim.
- Document the scene– If your injuries aren’t too severe, take pictures of the damage to your vehicle, where it left the road, where it landed, and any injuries you sustained. It’s a good idea to look around for eyewitnesses and note the location of any nearby surveillance cameras. Eyewitness testimony and surveillance footage can provide valuable evidence to support a personal injury claim.
- Seek medical attention– Emergency responders might transport you to a hospital from the crash scene. If they don’t, you should see a doctor immediately. There’s a chance the paramedics might have missed something. You don’t want your injuries to worsen. Seeing a doctor right away means the doctor can document your injuries from the crash. Seeking medical treatment and keeping follow-up appointments shows you took your injuries seriously.
- Save your medical records and receipts– Your medical records and receipts provide evidence of the financial losses you suffered from the crash. Keep them in a safe, secure place.
- Don’t talk to any insurance companies– Insurance adjusters will look at everything you say after a crash to find information to support reducing the value of your claim. The best thing you can do to protect your rights after a collision is to let your lawyer communicate with the insurance companies.
- Don’t post on social media– Any comment or photo you post on social media may be used by an insurance adjuster to call into question the seriousness of your injuries or the value of your claim. A seemingly innocuous photo or comment could jeopardize your case. It is a good idea to stay off social media until your case concludes.
- Hire a car accident lawyer– Pursuing compensation after a car accident can be challenging if you try to deal with the insurer on your own. The insurance company may try to take advantage of you while you’re in a precarious position recovering from serious injuries and feeling financial stress. Have an experienced attorney handle the run-off-the-road accident claim for you. The sooner you speak to an attorney, the more they can do to help you.
Why Hire a Lawyer After a Run-Off-Road Collision?
Handling an injury case takes time, effort, and skills you may not have. Hire an experienced accident attorney after a run-off-road collision in San Antonio to:
- Ease your burden– The aftermath of a run-off-the-road accident in San Antonio is often overwhelming. You have medical appointments. You might be out of work because of your injuries. Your bills are piling up, You may be dealing with intense pain. Having a knowledgeable lawyer handle your personal injury case and the insurance paperwork allows you to focus on healing and recovering your health.
- Maximize your compensation– It is extremely difficult to recover full compensation in a personal injury case without a lawyer’s help. Hiring an accident attorney gives you a better chance of recovering the money you need after a collision.
- Avoid a risky trial– You might have to take a personal injury case to court. Trials are unpredictable, expensive, and take a long time. Working with an accident lawyer gives you a better chance of recovering fair compensation for your injuries through a reasonable settlement and avoiding the expense and uncertainty that come with a trial.
Why Choose the Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover After a Run-Off-Road Collision?
Here are three key reasons to choose the Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover for your run-off-road collision case:
- Our experience– Troy Brookover has spent more than 30 years practicing law in Texas, giving him a wealth of knowledge and experience to call upon. Troy concentrates his practice on personal injury law and knows how to develop a case to its maximum potential.
- Our results– We have secured many six- and seven-figure recoveries for clients injured in car accidents. We cannot promise any specific outcome in your case, but our results show our experience handling these types of cases. We will fight for every cent you need to rebuild your life.
- Our approach– Some personal injury attorneys focus more on quantity over quality. That is not how we do things. We give every case personalized attention. If you have any questions, we are available to answer them anytime, day or night.
How Much Does a Lawyer Charge for a Case of Run-Off-Road Collision?
Your ability to hire a knowledgeable, experienced personal injury lawyer shouldn’t depend on your financial resources. That’s why we don’t charge our clients any fee or hourly charge upfront. We handle car accident injury claims on a contingency fee basis. You won’t owe us any fees unless we are successful in securing an insurance settlement or court award as compensation for your injuries. We are happy to answer any questions about our fee structure during a free initial consultation.
Prevention and Mitigation of Run-Off-Road Collisions
Here are a few tips for avoiding run-off-the-road accidents and mitigating their effects:
- Watch for aggressive or unsafe drivers.
- Leave plenty of space between your vehicle and other cars around you.
- Avoid distractions when driving.
- Don’t linger beside a vehicle in another driver’s blind spot. A driver may be unaware you are nearby and fail to turn their head to check their blind spots before changing lanes. The driver may attempt to move into your lane, forcing you off the road to avoid a collision.
- If another driver runs you off the road, don’t chase them. Get what identifying information you can and notify the police about what happened.
- Talk to a lawyer as soon as possible after a crash. Remember, Texas law says you have just two years from the date an accident occurs to file a lawsuit, so you want to act quickly after a collision.
Common Causes of Run-Off-the-Road Accidents in San Antonio
There are numerous contributing factors to run-off-road collisions in San Antonio. Some of the common factors include:
- Inattentive driving
- Distracted driving
- Impaired driving
- Drowsy driving
- Road rage
- Drivers following too closely
- Drivers going too fast for road conditions
- Poor weather or road conditions
- Drivers taking sharp turns too fast or too aggressively
Compensation in Run-Off-Road Collision Cases
The compensation you may seek after a run-off-the-road accident will vary based on your injuries and other factors. You may seek compensation for the following:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Reduced future earnings
- Diminished quality of life
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Damaged personal property
Some accident victims worry that they won’t be able to get the money they need because they were in some way to blame for the collision. However, Texas allows you to recover compensation from other at-fault parties as long as you are not more than 50 percent at fault for the collision. Even if you think you might share some fault for the accident, you should get in touch with a knowledgeable attorney immediately.
Get Legal Help From the Experienced Run-Off-Road Collision Lawyers in San Antonio
Aggressive and inattentive drivers should pay for the consequences when they run other motorists off the road. At the Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover, our legal team is ready to help you seek justice if you have been injured by another driver’s carelessness or negligence. If an aggressive driver hurt you, contact us for a free consultation with a run-off-road collision lawyer in San Antonio.