Shoulder Injury Attorney in San Antonio, TX
If you suffered a shoulder injury in a car accident, workplace mishap, or another incident in San Antonio, you might face unforeseen medical expenses and reduced earnings due to your injury. You may be able to pursue compensation for these expenses and losses through an injury claim. An experienced shoulder injury lawyer can help you understand your options and navigate the legal system.
At the Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover, our San Antonio shoulder injury attorneys have represented thousands of injured Texans in more than 30 years of practice. We have obtained many six- and seven-figure awards for our clients, giving them financial security. Every case has unique facts that must be explored. Contact us today for a free legal case review if you have suffered a shoulder injury in a car accident or other incident.
What To Do Immediately If You Have a Shoulder Injury After a Car Accident?
If you suffered a shoulder injury after a car accident, it’s essential to take steps to heal properly and protect your legal rights. Here’s what you should do immediately after suffering a shoulder injury:
- Seek medical attention– It’s essential to seek medical attention immediately after a car accident, even if you don’t feel injured. Some injuries, including shoulder injuries, take days or weeks to develop symptoms. Waiting to receive medical treatment can lead to complications. It’s best to have your injury diagnosed and treated immediately.
- Document your injury– It’s essential to document your injury to have medical evidence to support your insurance claim or lawsuit if needed. Take photos of any visible signs of your injury and keep copies of your medical records. Be sure to follow your doctor’s care plan and keep all follow-up appointments to record your injury’s treatment.
- Gather evidence– If possible, gather evidence at the accident scene, including taking photos of vehicle damage, getting statements from witnesses who saw the crash, and getting a copy of the police report.
- Contact an attorney– If an insurer has denied your claim related to your shoulder injury, a knowledgeable personal injury attorney can assess your situation and advise you about the legal options available to you. You may need to consider legal action to pursue the compensation you need for your injury.
Why Choose the Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover for Your Shoulder Injury?
At the Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover, our team of experienced personal injury attorneys is ready to provide you with compassionate, effective legal representation after a shoulder injury caused by someone else’s negligence. Our San Antonio shoulder injury lawyers have experience in the courtroom and at the negotiating table. We are prepared to stand up to insurance companies that refuse to agree to a reasonable settlement. You can count on us to work hard to help you pursue the compensation you need.
How Much Compensation Can You Get for A Shoulder Injury Claim?
If you have suffered a shoulder injury in a car accident or another harmful incident, you may be entitled to claim compensation from the at-fault party. The amount you can recover will vary depending on the circumstances of your case. It’s essential to speak with an experienced shoulder injury lawyer.
Generally, the following factors will determine how much compensation you can get for a shoulder injury claim:
- The severity of your injury
- The costs to treat your injury, including any future anticipated costs
- The degree of blame attributable to the at-fault party
- The wages you have lost if you cannot work due to your injury
- Whether your injury results in a permanent disability
- The amount of insurance coverage available
How Is Liability Determined for Shoulder Injury Cases?
Liability is a legal term. It means responsibility. Determining who is liable for your shoulder injury involves establishing whose actions led to it. To identify who is financially liable for your injury, your lawyer will rely on various types of evidence, including:
- Police and other accident reports
- Testimony from medical experts and other experts in the field
- Statements from eyewitnesses
- Footage of the incident transpiring
- Medical records
Most Common Causes of a Shoulder Injury in Texas
The most common causes of shoulder injuries we see in the cases we handle include the following:
- Car accidents– Auto accidents are one of the leading causes of shoulder injuries. The impact can lead to muscle sprains, strains, and soft tissue injuries.
- Sports injuries– Some athletes are at higher risk of developing shoulder injuries due to falls and collisions with other players, particularly those who play contact sports such as basketball or football.
- Workplace accidents– Physically demanding jobs requiring heavy lifting and repetitive motions may strain the shoulders, leading to overuse injuries or sprains. Workplace accidents, such as falls from heights, can also lead to shoulder injuries. Workers’ compensation may be available to cover a workplace shoulder injury. Many employers have workers’ compensation insurance, though it is not mandatory in Texas.
- Slip-and-fall accidents– Slips and falls are a leading cause of shoulder injuries, especially among older adults. Falling awkwardly can cause severe damage to the shoulder, including dislocations and fractures. A property owner may be liable if unsafe conditions at a commercial store caused a slip-and-fall accident.
Shoulder Injury Treatment
For a shoulder injury, treatment depends on the severity and type of injury. Some minor shoulder injuries will heal over time with the help of over-the-counter pain medications. More severe shoulder injuries might require physical therapy and surgery. Depending on the cause of the injury, a physician may recommend one or more of these treatments. It’s essential to follow your doctor’s care plan and keep all follow-up appointments.