Side Collision T-bone Car Accident Lawyer in San Antonio, TX
Side collisions — also known as T-bone or side-impact crashes — are an especially dangerous type of traffic accident. Because there are no protective crumple zones to absorb the force imparted on a vehicle’s side, occupants are at high risk for severe injuries. Side collisions can leave accident victims with financial burdens they don’t deserve. In Texas, individuals can pursue compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and related losses through a personal injury claim.
Dealing with insurance companies after a crash can feel overwhelming, but you don’t have to do it alone. Get The Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover on your side.
San Antonio car accident attorney Troy A. Brookover has over three decades of experience representing injured people throughout South Texas. Our firm has a track record of outstanding case results that includes multi-million-dollar settlements and verdicts for clients. These victories put life-changing money back into the pockets of deserving people like you. Troy is a board-certified specialist in personal injury law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. This distinction reflects his proven knowledge, experience, and legal skill in the field. Our firm is dedicated to providing clients with top-notch legal representation, personal attention, and outstanding results that make a difference in their lives.
If you got hurt in a side-impact collision that wasn’t your fault, contact us today for a free consultation with a car accident lawyer in San Antonio. We can meet wherever is most convenient for you, whether at our office, the hospital, or in your home.
Why Hire a Lawyer After a Side Collision?
The right lawyer is a valuable ally in your fight for fair compensation after a side collision. A skilled car accident attorney will:
- Explain your legal rights – Not sure if you have a valid legal claim after a side collision accident? A lawyer can review the facts and evidence to determine whether you have a viable claim for compensation.
- Prepare you for what to expect during the claims process – Many accident victims experience stress and uncertainty before filing a personal injury claim. A lawyer can explain the claims process so you know what to expect at every stage in your case.
- Evaluate your legal options and place a fair value on your case – A knowledgeable attorney will identify all potential sources of compensation for your side collision claim. A lawyer will also calculate a reasonable estimate for your losses to use as a starting point for settlement negotiations.
- Communicate with other parties while you focus on your recovery – Hiring legal counsel allows you to focus on recovering from your injuries. Your attorney can manage all aspects of your case, including communicating with insurance companies, defense lawyers, and bill collectors.
Why Choose Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover for a Side-Impact Collision?
There are many personal injury lawyers in the San Antonio area who are eager to represent you in your side collision case. But with so many options for legal representation, how can you find the right lawyer for your case?
For years, accident victims throughout San Antonio have turned to the Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover for help standing up to big insurance companies and demanding fair compensation. Why? Because:
- We work hard so you don’t have to. We provide zealous legal advocacy and fight for maximum compensation for our clients. That way, you can rest assured that you have a dedicated advocate on your side.
- We take the time to get to know you and understand your needs so we can prepare an appropriate legal strategy. You won’t ever feel like just another case number when you come to us for help.
- We maintain close communication throughout your case. You will always understand what to expect and receive regular updates as your case progresses.
- We have the resources to handle the most complex accident cases. Our team will thoroughly investigate the side collision and work with expert witnesses to craft a solid claim that stands up to the most vigorous challenges.
- We’ve got outstanding experience. Principal attorney Troy A. Brookover has over 30 years of legal experience in Texas and is board certified in personal injury law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. This distinction, which only goes to a handful of attorneys, recognizes his expertise and competence in this large and complex practice area.
- We have unique knowledge of how insurance companies operate. Troy also has extensive professional experience in insurance defense, giving him an inside understanding of how insurance companies evaluate and deny accident claims. He leverages his knowledge of insurance industry tactics to develop case strategies that protect his clients’ rights and provide the edge needed to recover maximum compensation.
How Much Does a Lawyer Charge for a Side Collision?
At the Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover, we recognize the financial difficulties that being injured in a side collision accident can cause. You may have already incurred considerable medical expenses as you treat and recover from your injuries. You may also be unable to work for the money you need to pay your everyday expenses, let alone cover unexpected healthcare costs.
Don’t worry about adding legal bills to your list of financial burdens. The Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover represents side collision victims on a contingency fee basis, meaning you don’t pay anything upfront. We only get paid if we recover money for you. Our firm assumes the financial risk of pursuing your claim, so you can count on us to work hard since we don’t get paid unless you do.
Who Is Responsible in Side-Impact Collisions?
In most side-impact collisions, the driver who violates another road user’s right of way is responsible for the accident. However, other parties might share responsibility depending on the circumstances.
Example: Jane proceeds through a stop sign even though she doesn’t have the right of way. As a result, she crashes into Jake, who has the right of way but is also speeding. In that case, both drivers could be partially responsible for the side-impact collision.
Other parties who could share responsibility in a side collision accident include:
- Motorists who suddenly stop or back up in intersections
- Employers of drivers who cause accidents while on the clock
- Cyclists or pedestrians who dart into vehicular traffic
- Manufacturers of faulty cars or auto parts
How a Side Collision Lawyer Can Benefit Your Case
After a side collision, your top priority should be your health. While you recover, a side collision lawyer from the Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover can start to work on your case against the at-fault driver by:
- Thoroughly investigating the crash to secure valuable evidence for your claim, including police crash reports, accident scene photos, surveillance camera footage, and eyewitness testimony
- Evaluating the available evidence to identify the at-fault party(s) to prepare a compelling claim on your behalf
- Documenting your injuries and losses, including anticipated future losses for ongoing medical expenses or reduced earning potential
- Preparing and filing your claim
- Handling all communication with insurance adjusters to protect you from the tactics they might use to discredit you or undervalue your claim
- Taking your case to trial, if necessary
Common Causes of Side Collisions
Some of the more frequent causes of side collision car accidents include:
- Speeding or driving too fast for conditions
- Reckless driving, including street racing and lane weaving
- Running red lights or stop signs
- Failing to yield the right of way at intersections
- Failing to use turn signals
- Making illegal or improper turns
- Stopping in intersections
- Distracted driving, especially texting while driving
- Drowsy driving
- Driving under the influence