Alamo Heights Car Accident Lawyer
A devastating car crash can change your life in an instant. Severe injuries can leave you with crushing medical bills and disabilities that prevent you from earning a living. Fortunately, you may have the right to recover compensation from a driver or other party who caused the car accident. An Alamo Heights car accident lawyer can help you take on the insurance companies to demand maximum compensation for your injuries and losses.
After a car accident in Alamo Heights, turn to an experienced attorney from The Law Office of Troy A. Brookover for help recovering compensation for your vehicle repairs, medical bills, lost wages, and other damages. Contact us for a free consultation today.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Alamo Heights
Quick action can help protect your right to pursue compensation after a car accident in Alamo Heights. You should:
- Contact law enforcement to report the crash. Remember to obtain a copy of the police accident report in the days following the collision.
- Seek immediate medical attention. It takes time for symptoms of some injuries to manifest. Early detection protects your health and links your injuries to the accident, which will be vital if you need to file a personal injury claim later.
- Request copies of your medical records. You must have proof of an injury to receive compensation.
- Check your auto insurance policy for notification deadlines. You need to let your insurer know about the crash, but it’s wise to talk to a car accident lawyer first if you can.
- Gather any bills, invoices, and receipts of accident-related expenses. Copies of your pay stubs or income statements can document your wage loss if your injuries prevented you from working.
- Keep a diary or journal to record the pain, emotional distress, and physical limitations you experience due to your injuries. Your recollections can help an attorney estimate a value for non-economic damages in your case.
Finally, contact an Alamo Heights car accident lawyer from The Law Office of Troy A. Brookover to discuss your legal options.
Why Hire a Lawyer to Represent You in an Alamo Heights Car Accident?
After a car accident, you may struggle to balance recuperating from your injuries with pursuing a legal claim against the driver at fault for the crash. When you hire a lawyer to represent you in a car accident claim, they can handle all the details of your case. An attorney can investigate the crash, file insurance claims and lawsuits on your behalf, and aggressively pursue compensation for you through a negotiated settlement or at trial.
Why Choose The Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover for Your Alamo Heights Car Accident?
Alamo Heights is home to many personal injury law firms. So why choose The Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover for your case? For years, clients have turned to us for help after life-changing car accidents because:
- We understand how a catastrophic car accident can turn your life upside down. We take the time to listen to your story and understand your needs, goals, and concerns.
- Attorney Troy A. Brookover has over 30 years of legal experience fighting for clients’ interests inside and outside the courtroom. He is board-certified in Personal Injury Law from the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, a distinction that reflects his tested abilities, successful results, and high regard from his legal peers.
- Our firm has a proven record of success, including thousands of clients who have recovered compensation for their injuries and losses. We’ve won multiple six- and seven-figure awards that have provided our clients with the financial resources they desperately needed for medical bills, lost income, and other expenses.
- We have the experience and resources to handle the most complex car accident cases, including claims involving in-depth investigations and expert testimony.
- Troy’s background includes prior work in insurance defense, which gives him a unique perspective on how insurance companies investigate and defend against car accident claims. Troy uses his knowledge and experience to gain an edge when negotiating with insurance adjusters and defense lawyers.
How Our Attorneys Can Help With Your Car Accident Case
The legal team at The Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover can help you put your life back on track after a serious car accident. We can handle all aspects of preparing and pursuing your claim, including:
- Thoroughly investigating the crash and obtaining evidence to establish fault
- Identifying liable parties and all possible avenues for compensation
- Documenting your injuries and losses to place a full and fair value on your case
- Preparing you for what to expect during the claims process
- Advising you of your legal options so you can make informed decisions at every step
- Filing insurance claims and demand letters on your behalf
- Handling negotiations with insurance adjusters to obtain a fair settlement offer
- Taking your claims to court and trial, if necessary, to fight for the financial recovery you deserve
Compensation You Might Be Entitled in a Car Accident in Alamo Heights, Texas
A successful car accident claim in Alamo Heights can provide you with money for:
- Medical bills
- Rehabilitation expenses
- Out-of-pocket accident-related expenses, such as transportation costs
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Lost enjoyment of life
- Lost quality of life
- Visible, permanent scarring and disfigurement
Every car accident case is different, so no attorney can guarantee you a certain amount of money — or even promise a successful result. However, a knowledgeable Alamo Heights car accident lawyer can place an appropriate value on your case after reviewing the facts.
Time Frame to File an Alamo Heights Car Accident Lawsuit in Texas
Texas’s statute of limitations on car accident lawsuits typically requires you to file your claim within two years of a crash. If you file your lawsuit after the limitations period expires on your claim, the trial court can dismiss your case regardless of its merits. Other deadlines may also apply depending on the circumstances of the car accident. Talk to an Alamo Heights car accident attorney from The Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover as soon as possible to ensure your case gets filed on time.
Determining Liability in an Alamo Heights Car Accident
Identifying the driver or other parties at fault for an Alamo Heights car accident requires a careful review of evidence from the crash. Examples of potential evidence to prove the at-fault party’s liability for the collision that injured you could include:
- Police accident reports
- Traffic citation or arrest records
- Accident scene photos and videos
- Surveillance/traffic camera or dashcam footage
- Vehicle event data recorder and electronic control module logs
- Driver cell phone records
- Post-accident alcohol and drug test results
- Car maintenance records
- Post-accident vehicle inspection and repair records
- Eyewitness testimony
- Expert testimony from doctors, accident reconstruction specialists, and vocational counselors
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Alamo Heights
Many car accidents happen due to a motorist’s negligence or recklessness. Some of the most frequent causes of car accidents in Alamo Heights include:
- Speeding or driving too fast for road conditions
- Reckless driving, including street racing and swerving through traffic
- Aggressive driving
- Road rage
- Following too closely (tailgating)
- Running red lights or stop signs
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Turning or changing lanes without signaling or checking mirrors
- Illegal turns or maneuvers
- Distracted driving, especially using a cell phone while driving
- Drowsy driving
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Driver inexperience
- Inadequate vehicle maintenance
- Car or auto part defects
- Adverse weather
- Poor road conditions, such as broken pavement, potholes, slick road surfaces, or roadway debris
Common Injuries From Car Accidents in Alamo Heights
A car crash can result in injuries of varying severity. The worst accidents lead to catastrophic injuries with life-changing consequences. Examples of injuries that can occur in car accidents include:
- Deep cuts and lacerations
- Abrasions and bruising
- Degloving injuries
- Dislocated joints
- Ligament sprains/tears
- Muscle and tendon strains/tears
- Broken bones
- Whiplash and other neck injuries
- Herniated spinal discs
- Internal injuries and bleeding
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Penetrating injuries
- Crush injuries
- Scarring and disfigurement
Get Legal Help from an Experienced Alamo Heights Car Accident Attorney Near You
If you suffered injuries in an Alamo Heights car accident, you may have the right to pursue financial recovery for your losses from the driver responsible for the crash. Contact The Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover today for a free, no-obligation consultation at (210) 226-2000 or fill out our online form.