Austin, TX (January 1, 2024) – A pedestrian was transported to an area hospital following an automobile accident that took place in Austin on Sunday, December 31. Calls for assistance came in at around 6:45 p.m.
Reports provided by the Austin Travis County EMS indicate that a pedestrian was struck by a vehicle in the 11,900 block of Farmhaven Road. The incident prompted officials to close down the roadway while assisting. The pedestrian, identified as a teenager, was injured in the crash. The victim was declared a trauma alert and rushed to Dell Seton Medical Center for the treatment of critical and life-threatening injuries. At this time, the incident is being investigated.
We hope the pedestrian recovers quickly following this accident.
Pedestrian Accidents in Texas
Pedestrian crashes are the cause of thousands of injuries across Texas each year. Far too often, these crashes take place due to drivers who are reckless and negligent. When drivers are distracted while behind the wheel, impaired by drugs or alcohol, or engaging in other reckless actions, they can cause devastating car crashes.
The unfortunate truth is that pedestrians harmed in accidents often have to go through extensive medical treatment. In some cases, victims may be left paralyzed and unable to work indefinitely.
Common Injuries From Pedestrian Crashes
Pedestrian accidents can be incredibly severe and leave victims with injuries that change their lives forever. Common injuries reported in pedestrian collisions include
- Sprains and strains: sprains and strains are extremely common in automobile accidents and can require surgery or rehabilitation.
- Herniated discs: there is a significant chance that pedestrians will suffer herniated discs in automobile accidents. This is due to the forceful impact of the collision.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI): these injuries are particularly common when the heads of pedestrians strike sharp objects or are struck by vehicles traveling through.
- Internal injuries: internal injuries can be life-threatening if they are not treated immediately. Pedestrians harmed in crashes are often left with internal organ injuries, such as damage to the spleen and lung punctures.
- Cuts and lacerations: cuts and lacerations can be incredibly devastating. Depending on the severity, victims may experience muscle and nerve damage as well.
Any type of injury can have a devastating impact on a victim’s life. If you have been harmed as a result of a pedestrian accident, you should seek guidance from a pedestrian accident lawyer right away.
Call Our Team for Guidance
Choosing the right attorney for your personal injury case is crucial, especially during uncertain times. At The Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover, we understand the challenges that come with filing a personal injury claim and are committed to providing top-notch legal services for our clients in Austin and throughout the southern region. With our skilled and experienced car accident lawyers by your side, you can rest assured that your case will be handled with dedication and excellence. We are ready to fight for justice on your behalf and ensure you receive fair compensation for your damages. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us at (210) 226-2000 for a free consultation today; let us guide you through this difficult time with compassion and determination.
Note: The content of this post is derived from secondary sources available to our team. These encompass various outlets such as local news, police reports, eyewitness testimonies, and social media, among others. While we strive for accuracy, we haven’t independently confirmed every detail related to the incident. If you come across any discrepancies, please bring them to our attention promptly for rectification. We are open to post removal upon request.
Disclaimer: This post is purely informational and does not serve as a call for business. The information presented here should not be interpreted as legal or medical counsel. Additionally, the accompanying photograph is illustrative and was not captured at the actual site of the incident.