Austin, TX (November 20, 2023) – The Austin Travis County EMS confirmed that a major crash sent two people to area hospitals with injuries on Saturday, November 18. At around 9:45 a.m., calls for help were received regarding a crash on Decker Lane.
Reports from authorities show that two vehicles collided in the 10100 block of Decker Lane. At least one person was ejected from their vehicle. Emergency crews closed off the roadway as medical personnel rendered aid to the victims. Both victims were transported to area hospitals on a Trauma Alert due to the severity of injuries. At this time, investigations are underway.
We hope the two victims hurt in this crash are able to recover quickly.
Car Accidents in Texas
Every year, automobile accidents leave hundreds of thousands of people in Texas injured. These accidents take place so often that one person is injured approximately every two minutes in our state. The unfortunate truth is that many of these accidents take place as a result of negligent drivers.
When drivers fail to operate their vehicles in a manner that is safe for others traveling nearby, it can have deadly consequences. Unfortunately, there are countless instances where innocent people are forced to deal with painful physical and emotional injuries. After being harmed in an accident, crash victims have the ability to file personal injury claims against those responsible. It is crucial to be able to prove negligence in an automobile collision. However, it is important to understand comparative negligence and how it can impact your case.
What is Comparative Negligence and How is it Applied in a Car Crash in Texas?
In Texas, the allocation of liability in car accidents is based on fault, as outlined in Tex. Civ. Prac. & Rem. Code Ann. § 33.001. This principle is referred to as the comparative negligence standard. In cases where multiple parties are deemed responsible for the same crash, the distribution of fault determines their respective liabilities for resulting damages. For instance, consider a scenario where you are involved in a highway collision with two other drivers. If the first driver is found to be 80% at fault, they would be accountable for 80% of the total damages. The remaining 20% of blame, assigned to the other driver, would result in them being responsible for 20% of the damages. To ensure you have the best chance of maximizing your recovery, it is crucial that you seek legal representation from a car accident lawyer in Texas right away.
Contact Our Legal Advocates Today
The Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover is a trusted and experienced legal firm that provides dedicated services to clients in need of help with accident-related claims. Our team prides itself on listening to our clients’ concerns, providing honest advice, and fighting tirelessly for the best possible outcome in each case. With over three decades years of experience and a track record of successful results, we are confident in our ability to handle even the most complex cases. If you have been involved in an accident, do not hesitate to reach out to us for a free consultation at (210) 226-2000. We are here for you 24/7 and ready to fight for the compensation you deserve. Trust us to be your advocate during this difficult time.
Note: The content of this post is derived from secondary sources available to our team. These encompass various outlets such as local news, police reports, eyewitness testimonies, and social media, among others. While we strive for accuracy, we haven’t independently confirmed every detail related to the incident. If you come across any discrepancies, please bring them to our attention promptly for rectification. We are open to post removal upon request.
Disclaimer: This post is purely informational and does not serve as a call for business. The information presented here should not be interpreted as legal or medical counsel. Additionally, the accompanying photograph is illustrative and was not captured at the actual site of the incident.