San Antonio Personal Injury Lawyer
On This Page:
- San Antonio, TX Personal Injury Attorney
- What to Do Right After a Personal Injury in San Antonio
- Why Choose Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover for Your San Antonio Personal Injury?
- What are Recoverable Damages for a Personal Injury in San Antonio?
- What is the Time Limit to File Personal Injury Lawsuits in Texas?
- How is Liability Determined in a Personal Injury Claim in San Antonio?
- How Our Attorneys Can Help to Face Your San Antonio Personal Injury Case
- Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle in San Antonio
- Consult With an Expert Lawyer in Personal Injury
Did you suffer injuries in a San Antonio accident that someone else caused? You could be entitled to substantial compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and other losses. But insurance companies often make it challenging for injured people to get the financial relief they deserve. An experienced personal injury lawyer can stand up to stubborn insurers and demand justice and accountability for you. Talk to the Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover today.
For over 30 years, founding attorney Troy A. Brookover has advocated for the rights of injury victims in San Antonio and Central Texas. Our personal injury law firm has secured multi-million-dollar verdicts and settlements for people just like you. Whether you were hurt in a car accident, a slip-and-fall incident, or from medical malpractice, our firm has the reputation, talent, and resources to handle the most complex legal cases. Moreover, Troy’s past experience in insurance defense gives him an insider’s perspective on maximizing compensation during settlement negotiations.
Contact the Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover today for a free consultation with a proven personal injury lawyer in San Antonio.
What to Do Right After a Personal Injury in San Antonio
You can take steps to protect your legal rights and strengthen any potential personal injury claim you may wish to file in the moments after an accident. If possible, you should:
- Gather evidence from the accident scene. Include photos of your injuries, property damage, and conditions that may have contributed to the accident. Get the names, contact information, and insurance details of the other parties involved in the incident. If there were eyewitnesses, ask for their contact information, too.
- Go to the hospital or see a doctor as soon as possible. You must have proof of an injury to file a claim for compensation. Seeing a doctor immediately accomplishes two things: it ensures you get proper treatment and creates a link between the accident and your injuries. That will make it hard for the insurance company to argue that your injuries resulted from something other than the accident.
- Follow your healthcare provider’s treatment plan and instructions. Go to all follow-up appointments. It’s essential to show you are taking your health seriously.
- Keep copies of accident-related bills, invoices, pay stubs, income statements, and receipts. These documents can show the financial losses you incurred due to the accident.
- Start a journal to document the pain and difficulty you experience while recovering from your injuries. A daily diary can be helpful when requesting compensation for pain and suffering.
- Don’t talk to the insurance company. Insurers may call to “check” on you in the days after the accident. Don’t provide a statement or agree to sign medical release forms. Instead, politely tell them you are planning to consult a lawyer first.
- Contact a San Antonio personal injury attorney. The sooner a lawyer begins investigating your case, the stronger your case will be.
Why Choose Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover for Your San Antonio Personal Injury?
After an accident, you might feel unsure about where to turn for help getting the compensation you need for medical expenses and other costs. Choosing the right personal injury lawyer can significantly increase your case’s chances of a favorable outcome. Clients turn to the Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover over other San Antonio law firms because:
- Our firm has a track record of securing compensation for personal injury victims that spans over 30 years and includes thousands of clients.
- Attorney Troy A. Brookover has extensive experience in personal injury law and a background in insurance defense. This gives him professional insight into the tactics insurance companies use to minimize or deny injury claims and the best strategies to use when countering their arguments.
- Troy focuses exclusively on personal injury cases and is board certified in personal injury trial law from the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, a distinction held by only a small number of attorneys in the state.
- Our firm provides clients with the one-on-one attention they need during the difficult road to recovery, including prompt communication and a close working relationship with Troy.
- We take the time to listen to your story, understand your concerns, prepare you for what to expect throughout the claims process, and keep you updated on the progress of your case.
There’s nothing to lose by consulting the Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover. There’s no charge for the first case review and no obligation, just free legal advice when you need it most.
What are Recoverable Damages for a Personal Injury in San Antonio?
In a successful personal injury case, you could be entitled to substantial compensation for your financial and personal losses. You may be owed financial relief for the following:
- Medical bills
- Long-term care expenses, such as costs of home health services, in-patient nursing services, or home renovations to accommodate a new disability
- Lost wages
- Lost future earnings
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma and distress
After reviewing the facts, a knowledgeable injury attorney can place an approximate value on your case.
What is the Time Limit to File Personal Injury Lawsuits in Texas?
Texas law imposes a time limit on filing a personal injury lawsuit against an at-fault party. This is called the statute of limitations. Section 16.003 of the Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code gives you two years from the date you were injured to file suit against the at-fault party(s), with few exceptions. Failing to file by the deadline means you could lose your opportunity to pursue compensation in civil court.
You should know that certain personal injury lawsuits have much shorter filing deadlines. For example, you only have six months from the date of an accident to notify a Texas government agency that you are filing an injury claim. Consult with a San Antonio personal injury lawyer to learn how the statute of limitations applies in your case.
How is Liability Determined in a Personal Injury Claim in San Antonio?
Liability in a personal injury claim is usually determined by evaluating evidence to identify who is responsible for an accident. Examples of evidence that attorneys often use to determine fault in personal injury claims include:
- Accident scene photos and videos
- Eyewitness statements
- Surveillance camera footage
- Post-accident inspection reports
- Cell phone records
- Trucking records
- Maintenance records
- Medical records
- Expert accident reconstruction reports
- Expert engineering reports
- Medical expert testimony
Don’t worry if your injuries prevented you from collecting evidence at the accident scene. At the Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover, our legal team can gather strong evidence to build a persuasive claim while you focus on healing and moving forward.
How Our Attorneys Can Help to Face Your San Antonio Personal Injury Case
Our law firm will work tirelessly to help you seek maximum compensation in your San Antonio personal injury case. We are a full-service firm that handles everything from case open to case closed. We will:
- Investigate the accident and obtain the evidence we need to prove liability
- Determine the party(s) responsible for causing your injuries and anyone else who can be held liable for your expenses and losses
- Identify all possible sources of compensation, including insurance coverage
- Calculate your financial losses and place an appropriate value on your case
- Keep in touch throughout your case to answer your questions and update you on the progress of your claim
- Build a solid case for maximum compensation and handle all settlement negotiations for you
- Take your case to trial, if litigation becomes the best option for pursuing full and fair results for you
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle in San Antonio
At the Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover, we have experience handling various types of complex personal injury cases, including:
- Car Traffic Collision
- Semi-Trailer Truck Wreck
- Motorcycle Collision
- Bicycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Collision
- Wrongful Death
- Premises Liability, including Fire and Explosion Accidents
- Product Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Burn Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Dog Bites
- Drug Injury
- Elder Abuse
- Slip and Fall
- Boat Collision
- Bus Collision
- Commercial Vehicle Collision
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Broken Bones and Facture Injury
Consult With an Expert Lawyer in Personal Injury
You don’t need the runaround from the insurance company after getting hurt. You need full compensation for your losses. Get help from a San Antonio personal injury lawyer at the Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover. Contact us today for a free case review.