San Antonio, TX – Vehicle Collision Reported on Newell Ave

San Antonio, TX – Vehicle Collision Reported on Newell Ave

San Antonio, TX (March 1, 2024) – The San Antonio Police Department responded to the scene of an accident in the Tobin Hill neighborhood that ended in injuries. The incident occurred at approximately 12:05 p.m. on February 29.

According to law enforcement reports, an automobile accident blocked the 200 block of Newell Avenue. Emergency officials responded to the scene of the accident and immediately secured the road. Emergency medical services tended to the injured victims while at the scene of the crash. At least one of the people involved in the accident was injured and transported to a local medical facility, where they were provided further medical care. At this time, the incident is being investigated.

Our thoughts go out to the injured victims and their families at this time.

Car Accidents in Texas

Car accidents in Texas result in hundreds of thousands of injuries every year, occurring so frequently that an individual is injured approximately every two minutes in the state. Sadly, many of these accidents stem from the negligence of drivers. When drivers fail to operate their vehicles safely, the consequences can be fatal, leaving innocent individuals to contend with both physical and emotional injuries. After sustaining harm in an accident, victims have the option to file a car crash case against those responsible, but proving negligence is crucial. Understanding comparative negligence and its impact on a case is equally important.

Determining Liability

Liability in car accidents across Texas is determined by fault, which is found under Tex. Civ. Prac. & Rem. Code Ann. § 33.001, known as the comparative negligence standard. In cases involving multiple responsible parties, their respective liabilities for damages depend on the distribution of fault. For instance, if involved in a highway collision with two other drivers and the first driver is found 80% at fault, they are responsible for 80% of the damages. The remaining 20% of the blame, assigned to the other driver, makes them accountable for 20% of the damages. To maximize your recovery, seek immediate legal guidance from a Texas car accident attorney.

Let Our Team Help

Dealing with the aftermath of an accident can be overwhelming and confusing, but our team at The Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover is here to support you every step of the way. Our dedication to listening, providing honest advice, and relentlessly fighting for our clients sets us apart as a trusted and experienced legal firm. With over 30 years of experience and a proven track record of success, we are confident in handling even the most complex accident-related cases. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us for a free consultation at (210) 226-2000 – day or night – because your well-being and financial recovery are our top priorities.

Note: The content of this post is derived from secondary sources available to our team. These encompass various outlets such as local news, police reports, eyewitness testimonies, and social media, among others. While we strive for accuracy, we haven’t independently confirmed every detail related to the incident. If you come across any discrepancies, please bring them to our attention promptly for rectification. We are open to post removal upon request.

Disclaimer: This post is purely informational and does not serve as a call for business. The information presented here should not be interpreted as legal or medical counsel. Additionally, the accompanying photograph is illustrative and was not captured at the actual site of the incident.