San Antonio, Texas Big Rig Accident Lawyer
Motor vehicle accidents involving big rigs can have devastating consequences. A truck crash can involve multiple people and inflict life-altering injuries. You may require hospitalization and rehabilitation if you suffered injuries in a big rig accident. It’s natural to worry about how to pay your bills if you are seriously injured and cannot work or earn a living.
You may have a right to hold those responsible for your injuries financially accountable. The Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover can help you pursue the compensation you need after a big rig accident. With over 30 years of experience, San Antonio attorney Troy A. Brookover has the resources and skills to help you seek a favorable resolution of your case. Contact our office today to speak with a San Antonio big rig accident lawyer about your legal options during a free consultation.
Why Hire The Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover After a Big Rig Accident?
If you’ve been hurt in a truck accident caused by someone else, you deserve financial relief for your injuries and losses. However, pursuing compensation while healing from injuries can be challenging. When you hire The Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover, our team will handle every detail of your big rig accident case so that you can focus on recovering from your injuries.
Troy Brookover will listen carefully to your concerns and goals to build a legal strategy tailored to your circumstances. He will aggressively pursue every avenue to help you seek maximum compensation. For over 30 years, the personal injury law firm has advocated for the rights of injury victims in San Antonio. Contact us today to learn more about our firm and how we will fight for the compensation you need after a catastrophic truck crash.
What Sets The Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover Apart from Other Law Firms?
San Antonio has many personal injury law firms. Choosing the right personal injury attorney can make all the difference in the outcome of your truck accident claim. For years, big rig accident victims in San Antonio have turned to The Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover because:
- Attorney Troy A. Brookover has extensive experience handling injury claims and fighting for clients’ interests inside and outside the courtroom.
- The law firm has represented thousands of clients and has a proven record of success, securing many six- and seven-figure awards.
- Troy A. Brookover has received board certification in Personal Injury Trial Law from the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. It’s a distinction conferred upon only a small share of attorneys in Texas. It recognizes deep legal knowledge in a practice area, proven litigation skills, and respect from legal peers.
- We have the resources to take on complex accident claims and conduct in-depth investigations.
- Troy has prior experience in insurance defense, giving him an insider’s perspective on how insurance companies approach accident claims.
How Our Attorneys Can Help Demand the Justice You Deserve
Trucking companies and insurers have teams of investigators and attorneys to defend them against legal claims by accident victims. As a former insurance defense attorney, Troy Brookover uses his knowledge of how insurance companies operate to the advantage of his personal injury clients. While you focus on treating your injuries and healing from the trauma of the truck crash, the Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover can handle your case by taking the following steps:
- Investigate the crash to recover evidence to support your legal claim.
- Review facts and evidence and work with accident reconstruction experts to identify the parties at fault for the crash and liable for your injuries.
- Evaluate your legal options for financial recovery, such as pursuing insurance claims or filing a lawsuit against a liable truck driver or trucking company.
- Document your ongoing and future estimated expenses to pursue full compensation for you.
- Keep you updated on the progress of your case, including answering questions you may have and preparing you for what to expect at each stage of the claims process.
- File insurance and legal claims on your behalf and aggressively negotiate with insurance company representatives for a fair and full settlement.
- Advocate in court if litigation becomes necessary to demand justice for you.
Steps To Follow After a Big Rig Truck Accident
If you’ve been injured in an accident with a big rig, you can take certain steps to preserve your legal rights to pursue compensation from a liable truck driver or trucking company. Here is what you should do after a big rig truck accident:
- Report the crash to law enforcement and request a copy of the police accident report.
- Seek prompt medical attention to obtain a diagnosis of the injuries you suffered in the truck accident.
- Follow your doctor’s treatment plan and recovery instructions.
- Keep bills, invoices, receipts, and pay stubs/income statements to document your expenses and financial losses from the accident.
- Notify your auto insurance provider of the accident.
- Avoid discussing the accident on social media or posting photos/videos of yourself while undergoing treatment and rehabilitation for your injuries.
Contact a San Antonio truck accident attorney with The Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover to discuss your options to pursue compensation and justice from an at-fault truck driver or trucking company.
Compensation You Might Be Entitled in a Big Rig Accident Claim
If you’ve suffered injuries in a big rig accident caused by a truck driver’s or trucking company’s negligence, you may have the right to recover compensation for the financial and personal losses you suffered. This could include money for:
- Medical treatment and rehabilitation expenses
- Costs of long-term care and support services to help you cope with permanent disabilities
- Lost income from missed work or reduced earning capacity in a part-time/light-duty role while recovering from injuries
- Loss of future earning capacity if you have a disability from the accident and can no longer work or are limited in the type of work you can perform
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma and distress
- Loss of enjoyment and quality of life
Time Frame To File a Big Rig Accident Lawsuit in Texas
Under Texas’s statute of limitations for injury to a person or property, you have two years to file a lawsuit against a negligent truck driver or trucking company. The court will likely dismiss any lawsuit filed after the deadline. Contact a truck accident lawyer at The Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover as soon as possible to ensure you meet all deadlines and preserve your right to seek compensation.
Who Is Liable in a Big Rig Accident?
Big rig accidents are more complicated to resolve than automobile collisions because multiple businesses are involved in the operation of a commercial tractor-trailer. Each party may bear some share of fault for a big rig truck accident.
Examples of those who may have financial liability for a truck crash in San Antonio include:
- The truck driver
- The trucking company
- The truck’s owner
- The trailer owner
- The shipping company/freight broker
- The truck’s maintenance garage
- The truck manufacturer
- Manufacturers of auto parts used in the truck
Common Causes in Big Rig Accidents
Big rig accidents occur for many reasons. The most common causes involve truck driver error or negligence on the part of the trucking company. Some of the most frequent causes of big rig accidents include:
- Tailgating/following too closely
- Reckless driving
- Failing to use turn signals or mirrors
- Improper lane changes
- Improper wide turns
- Disregarding traffic signals and signs
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Distracted driving
- Drowsy driving
- Driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs
- Inadequate truck maintenance
- Excessive or unbalanced cargo weight
- Failure to secure cargo properly
- Truck driver inexperience
- Unfamiliarity with routes/local roads
Common Injuries in Big Rig Accidents
The massive weight of a loaded big rig means these vehicles collide with more force than a smaller passenger vehicle. The more violent forces in a big rig accident mean crash victims tend to suffer more severe injuries. Examples of injuries that people can suffer in truck accidents include:
- Lacerations and abrasions
- Broken bones
- Dislocated joints
- Ligament sprains and tears
- Muscle/tendon strains and tears
- Internal organ injuries and internal bleeding
- Neck and back injuries, including whiplash, herniated discs, and spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Crush injuries
- Traumatic amputation or loss of limbs
Get Legal Help from an Experienced Big Rig Accident Attorney Near You
If you have suffered injuries in a truck crash in San Antonio caused by a truck driver or trucking company, you may pursue compensation for your medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering. A big rig truck accident lawyer with The Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover can help you seek the financial relief you need after a devastating truck accident. For more than 30 years, the Law Offices of Troy A. Brookover has fought for the rights of injury victims like you. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss your legal options with a knowledgeable San Antonio truck accident lawyer.